Wednesday, June 1, 2016

5/30 Loving Cheung Sha Wan

views from previous hike to Lion's rock


Still feeling like the most blessed person on this planet. Elder Da and I are feeling great, working hard, and continuing to see miracles everyday. This last week has continued to be miracles. Brother Ting is making great progress, loves everything (especially Elder McS's old suit we gave him). He is still looking for a full time job, but is dedicated to church! It has been so much fun to watch. Brother P passed his baptismal interview on Saturday and then didn't come to church on Sunday. So that was disheartening. I think we will have to wait some more time for him.  Brother C and Brother C are doing great, Brother C has pretty much scheduled us to meet every Tuesday and Thursday till he is baptized. Things are well there also. We are seeing a lot of new opportunities with member families, several have opened up and we are getting settled down into teaching a couple of them. Hopefully we can see them at church now. I love this work and it makes me happy beyond words to see the miracles and blessing that the Lord is bestowing upon the area of Cheung Sha Wan. I wish I could stay here my whole mission. The ward is amazing and they are so willing to help out, the views of the work I feel like are beginning to change, it is all just a dream come true. There isn't much more I could ask for, just Elder Da and I to continue to work harder and to do more! 

The Zone is doing great! Our apartment has had another problem... the kitchen is falling apart, but we are getting it figured out with Elder C. I hope that all the missionaries and apartments took Elder K and my challenge from Zone Conference to have an apartment family home evening and discussion. I absolutely loved ours last night. Elder S did a great job, we had a good thought, talked about what we need to do better and how to support each other. It was great, I can already tell it is going to help a lot. So thankful for the opportunity. There is nothing I love more than doing what I can to serve the other missionaries I love so much. I hope they were able to receive some personal revelation. 
I love my mission, my time right now can be summarized up in not my words, but in the words of Ammon and Alma. That has been a chapter that has opened up to me recently, in chapter 26, I just feel as Ammon with my joy taking me away almost to my body and spirit being separated. I feel like I am walking on air seeing so many of the other missionaries happy and enjoying the work and having success. 

Ever Stalwart folks. I hear the grass is green and the summer is out. Enjoy it!!

Shout out to my best friend who is having a birthday this week! Whit is the best. Congrats on Graduation as well. I love you sis.

Mom and Dad I didn't forget you two either. ;) Happy anniversary. i hope you enjoy it! Thanks for being the best example of a loving couple I know. Love you both as well.

-- 
Love,
   Elder Sargent

No comments:

Post a Comment