Friday, November 4, 2016

10/31 D-day

Brother T who had the miracle with his information drive

The three stooges and their friend and A-F
This last week has been so much fun! Thoroughly enjoyed my last week in Cheung Sha Wan. The Stooges F and S have been making leaps and bounds of progress this week, seeing them a couple times ending this Sunday with our YM dinner. They are awesome and I can't wait to see pictures of them getting baptized. A-F as well is doing very good and now that we have a firm basis on which we can teach the lessons we plan on getting started in on them. He also should be good for the Christmas Miracle stake baptism. I love our Young Men, seeing them grow so much since I have been here under our YM Leader A-Y's constant care. He defines one who exemplifies their calling. I wish to be more like him some day. Seeing C come back to church and should be on a mission by New Years and bringing his girlfriend to the gospel, K baptized, CL strengthened to bringing friends to the gospel who now are planning on baptism and bringing more friends, I can't believe it. I will miss them like my brothers. V couldn't come this week, but we will be seeing him Wednesday, he is also progressing well. It has been so fun to start seeing S W and her kids again. Such good potential. It was fun to see Brother T again, he mentioned he didn't feel the Spirit in mainland, and while I was in the middle of bearing testimony, Elder R very seriously said he had the scripture to answer his question why, and asked him to read Alma 37:11, for those who know that scripture, it is 100x better in Chinese. Needless to say, he was near tears he was laughing so hard. It worked out. Then he also mentioned a huge miracle on Sunday about how he had an information drive that connects to his computer that has all his information on it, that fell into water for a few days. He found it last week when he came back from mainland. He said he literally dumped water out of it, and it didn't work for two weeks, when all the sudden, Saturday, he felt like he should pray and ask God to make it work. He did, and it worked! He was laughing hysterically after sacrament telling us. He just said, "It worked!!! It really worked!!" So funny, he is a man of immense faith. It was such a good week, but it will be hard leaving.

I am going to miss the ward. Cried when I found out I wasn't going to be there next Sunday. I always knew it would have to happen, but never wanted it so soon. I think I have been nearly too blessed. To be in an area looking forward to so many baptisms this Christmas with such amazing investigators and members I love so much. In the most beautiful chapel where I see the temple ever morning. I see angel Moroni peaking up over the trees as I walk to the church nearly every day. Those days will be missed. I will miss the great friends I have made in the Zone, and some of my best friends that have finished their time here. I feel like it is all being ripped out from underneath me; but that's what will make me grow. I am not a fan of change, but if it be the Lords will, it's my will. I am excited to take what I have learned here and implement it into my new area where ever it may be.
It might be fate I have the quote "It is following the lines of least resistance that makes rivers and men crooked," on the front of my planner. This won't be an easy one.
As a companionship, we have been on all 5 cylinders (if that's the saying, I can't remember). Got over a little hump, and have been really working hard together. I sure love Elder Rawlings and have faith knowing he will take care of the flock in this area.
As a Zone, things seem to be going well, I am so excited about doubling baptisms and will take that to my next area.
It won't be easy, but it will be worth it. "We do not say why and how, we say WHY NOT?" That's the attitude I want to take where ever I am going.
A little frustrated I had to move, but more than grateful for the opportunity I have had to serve in such a blessed area. They will always be part of my heart. The Lord can count on me to do the work anywhere He needs me to.
Love Elder Sargent
Ever Stalwart

No comments:

Post a Comment