Tuesday, January 24, 2017

1/23 Best Week Ever




My posterity: Elder Da and his companion he is training

What an amazing week. Very possibly the best week of my mission. I don't really know where to start. Well, the area is doing great! A lot of people were busy this last week and looks like this week, as well, because of Chinese New Year. Everyone is busy with family or going out of own. J is looking very solid and we planned everything out up to his baptism on the 5th. He is reading and keeping his commitments, his only hold up is he doesn't want to invite anyone to his baptism... We talked about that and about how it can be such a great thing to share this gospel with his family. He came in a suit on Sunday and definitely turned some heads. V as well is doing great! We had a good discussion this last week about chastity. He has been coming to church consecutively for the past month, which before was his only hold up. He is doing well, and we are excited to see him keep progressing. Brother L, from Mainland, got a baptismal date on Sunday. We had a member actually give it to him after he said he wants to be baptized as soon as possible. The date is for February and considering we can only see him in the mornings on Sunday, it will be a little difficult to teach. In the end, he will need to be turned over to Mandarin missionaries though, due to his mother tongue being mandarin. Things are doing extremely well here! Elder E and I are loving the area. 

This week, we also got the opportunity to teach Visitors! What an opportunity, wish I could share more details, but there are quite a few restrictions. I have been waiting for so long to teach them. I participated in the baptism of one from this same branch a couple months ago, and it was so amazing to see them again and some of the ones that were able to come down again. It was a long day and L was very patient, though very shy at first. The grandmother was very helpful and has a burning testimony. She is such an example to me. It was nice to have her and a member for a couple of the lessons. Elder E didn't know a lot of the vocab for the latter lessons, so he helped where he could, but it was kind of just one sided with the grandmother. I love teaching visitors so much! They are so amazing, their strength. 

Elder E is a great strength to me. He does well, his Chinese is doing great. The district is doing well, seeking progress in our areas no matter what it takes. These are good days to be a missionary in Hong Kong and in the world. Absolutely amazing.
Happy Chinese New Years!! The year of the Rooster!
"I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me."
I could not be happier to be a tool in Gods hands. I am grateful now and, and so grateful I decided to do so for time and eternity at baptism, as well as renew that covenant every week. He is my all. My Savior and Redeemer.
-- 
Love,
   Elder Sargent
EVER STALWART


No comments:

Post a Comment