Monday, November 7, 2016

11/7 Big Change



Last zone conference
goodbye Elder C
my friend C

Last zone conference

saying goodbye to good friends going home - Ever Stalwart my friends!

temple day
lunch with Elder P, my new companion
It's been an interesting week! Well, it was tough to say goodbye to Cheung Sha Wan, but they are in the loving hands of Elder R and his new trainee. Going to miss them. Picked up Elder P on Thursday, as well as had to say goodbye to some of my best friends on the mission! I am going to miss several of the Elders from this group, I was good friends with Elder S and P, now Elder G off too. Shed a few tears that day. Even sent Elder C off. I am pretty excited to go to work with Elder P. Elder P is a solid hardworking missionary from Arizona, also a convert, and has been out for 6 months. As well got a new trainee in the apartment with Elder T! And they will be having a baptism this Sunday for a Part member family (I did his interview Saturday!). It is going to be fun. This week, unfortunately, meeting with the Stake High Councilman and training new District leaders and doing language evaluations took up most of our time, but we were able to get a little done. Sunday was good as well, Kwai Chung is a lot smaller than my last area and there will be a lot to get used to. As far as the work, met with a member referral from C's mom that happened to be from Kwai Fong, and he is awesome. Asks all the right questions, and is definitely a prepared soul. As well we have a couple other part member families we might have the opportunity to start working with. So not much, but are working on getting some ideas ready for activities and other ways to get people to church. We plan on starting a children's English class, and also a music activity every week, and until we start picking these people up, there will be lots of street finding. We were able to schedule quite a few members on Sunday and they seemed to be pretty excited to have Elders, so hopefully we can pick this up and send it!
Sisters Tsuen Wan called and asked if I could baptize an investigator, asked who, and it turned out to be A! My favorite Asian Canadian cowboy that we turned over to them a few months ago! They couldn't get anyone in the ward to do it, and he requested me, so we will be at that baptism this Sunday. I am pretty excited about that!!
As a Zone, it seems like things are coming. Also seems as though the areas here all seem to be at different places in the work, at varying levels. Some doing extremely well, others just opened, and others, not so well. Finding investigators seems to be a problem, but they are still managing to find people to baptize. It is fun to come back to kind of an old area and see how things are and already have some kind of base. We have some work to do to double the baptisms!
As for my companion and I, we will serve the Lord. Haha, but in all reality, it's going to be a good, tough, and hard working transfer. Opening an area, Zone Leader responsibilities and just keeping things running is going to be fun. Looking forward to it.
Love Elder Sargent

Ever Stalwart my friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment