Tuesday, April 11, 2017

4/10 Happy










Pictures are from one of the most fun Preparation days ever!!!


Well another week to remember! This has been so much fun! General Conference was absolutely great. It was amazing to hear the words of the prophets. I personally had many questions answered. One of which included me deciding to learn Mandarin. So I am excited to see how that goes. I personally felt so uplifted. They were quite literally speaking to me, a one. I love our prophets and will continue to support them in a time when many are finding it difficult.
Our investigator pool is doing great! Everyone is moving forward, making steps toward eternity. The L's are preparing for baptism in two weeks, V is solid for the 7th and might be able to move up, and S even set a date. I think things are really just moving forward! We found an old investigator who couldn't progress because of his mother, we felt impressed to call him, and he is ready! His mother actually passed away recently, so he is available and wants to move forward. Not my errors and Elder Ea good looks can slow down the work in this area. 
It has also been fun to eat at a few more members homes recently, Brother Y called us and even cooked for us!!!  We started inviting members to read and memorize their favorite part from the "Living Christ." Power in simple principles.
It was really fun to have Elder G come down this week. Great to be with my MTC comp that I unfortunately don't get to see very often out here. He is an example to me of Christlike love and simple obedience. He is a light. He is doing great work in the Kowloon West Zone, we discussed a few things to help keep things moving forward, but it is coming. Energize the missionaries. 
The video from South China Morning Post came out! It has gone viral and so many members comment and share it. Even had someone take a picture with us on the train. Found out after 10 minutes talking he was a LessActive RM. He called us his missionaries. :) I thought the video was pretty good! It didn't include much about our testimony which I was disappointed about, and the article wasn't all the way correct, but we are making ground. I have already heard of members reporting their friends have had interest in the gospel because of the video, that is what makes me most happy. Funniest moment in the clip is either them not showing me airball the deep 3, or the lady we talked to not having any idea what was going on hahaha. Cameras, white people speaking to her in Chinese, and she was from Mainland with not very good Cantonese and had little to no background in religion... that might explain her face. My whole family is so surprised I still play the piano. No faith. 
Well I know this is His work, my good friend Jayson N came home from his mission this week, another shining example to me. From where he started to now it was a reminder of what we are doing here. We can't be short sighted. President Lam is always reminding me of that in all he does. God wants us all to return to his presence. All of us. Didn't the prophet just testify of that on multiple occasions? I will read the Living Christ and memorize it. I am here to do his work. Now and forever. I love this work, and love the Lord. I am blessed.
16 ¶ For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life
39 For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.
Love Elder Sargent
Ever Stalwart

No comments:

Post a Comment