Thursday, June 15, 2017

6/12 Signing Out

What mixed emotions I have writing this. 
My final report.
The area was blessed this week with the baptism of J and Sister C. They were all ready to go on Sunday and the ward was ready to receive them. Sometimes missionaries worry about a hand off of investigators to members, but I feel comfort that it was all of us supporting them from underneath to get them here. C (preparing missionary) baptized J, and RC Brother L baptized Sister C. It was great, a spiritual witness again of the preparedness of our ward. It was a topic yesterday, and at ward council. The ward has seen a lot of people start their paths in the gospel and feels so blessed. We achieved our ward baptismal goal yesterday and over! It is only June. On to setting a new goal, but to continue to work to retain these new people in the fold. What an amazing ward. I will be forever grateful for their examples to me.
Bishop asked me to bear my testimony again yesterday, unfortunately the crying side of me came out and it took a second to gather myself. I love these people like my family. Each one of them. I spent so much time at their sides working in the vineyard in a time where I have grown so much. I have striven to emulate their examples of service and dedication no matter what it takes. They love. They are successful. It was like saying goodbye to my actual family.
My time here has flown by, as I said earlier, on wings of lightning. I have come to realize that history will continue to tell me what is possible, but it will never be able to tell me what is impossible. The Lord has sent us here to do the impossible. Do things that we don't think we can do, and in the midst of the turmoil, sometimes heartache, and beautiful sunrises, to grow and to become like Him; and thereunto, fulfill the measure of our creation. We came here to emulate Christ. We came here to prepare to return unto the Father a different person than we are now, a perfected spirit child with experiences to help us govern in the world to come. If we are not doing things now to change ourselves, we might consider a, "course correction." 
I have learned love, I have learned patience. At first, I tried to keep who I was, but not until two years later after decided to forget it, do I really have an idea of who I am. I have come to know my purpose. As to what will happen in the future? "我還不完全知道這些奧祕,所以不再說了" (Alma 37:11). All I do know, is that I will fearlessly serve the Lord. I will strive to be a clean vessel, a shiny tool, and faithful servant to the Lord. 
I love the Lord my God. He lives and loves me too. I will face Him one day I know, and I wish to be prepared, and to recognize Him as my Savior. This is His church and His gospel. It stands on the pillars of the Book of Mormon, the priesthood, and modern day prophets which I all know and believe to have been restored again to this earth. Families are eternal, and our faith is key to this plan.
"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation." (2 Nephi 22:2)
I leave my testimony with you all again, He lives. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

Elder Sargent signing out. With love and respect.
夏禮勳長老
Ever Stalwart

No comments:

Post a Comment