Friday, June 2, 2017

5/29 Icing on the cake



first ever MINI MTC experience in Hong Kong
Recent Converts from my time in Tung Chung, A-Pang and Chanel, it was the icing on the cake to see them





Jesus Christ with the Chinese children in Wan Chai




端午節快樂!
Another great week moves on by, a week full of great experiences, both spiritual, and just joy in others I guess. 
It was great to see Elder Cook on Monday! Leading the mission music fulfilled a lifelong dream for sure. That was amazing. It was touching to watch as we sang for 20 minutes and to see how the movement of the music and the power and the Spirit it brought touched most of the missionaries at different times. There is power in the hymns. I loved the questions and Elder Cooks testimony at the end. It was special, that's for sure. It is empowering knowing we have servants of the Lord Jesus Christ on this earth today. 
The first ever Hong Kong Mini MTC happened on Saturday. It was a full day. We have been planning for that day for quite a few months now. It really made me happy to see all the youth smiling and raving about how fun it was. I enjoyed it, we gave a couple training's, learned a little Korean, and had a lot of good food. I also saw Recent Convert's (A-P and C) from Tung Chung that are doing great, that was the icing on the cake. 
The area is also doing pretty good! Investigators are doing well, we had dinner with J and Sister C at the Y's on Saturday night, great lesson. Sister C brought up some concerns with drinking coffee, we had great support from the family and were able to work with her through it. J said he will help her remember. Sister Y asked them if they wanted to be baptized a week early because I am going home, they said yes! So that will be a great week. Another is trying to progress, but letting his doubts get the best of him. We saw X last week which was great. He is on the same boat as R, but has desire, he can do it if he is willing to act. 
The ward is awesome. Couldn't say anything bad about the ward. Trying to get some out to more ward activities to support and fellowship, but things are great. We had a ward baptism this last week. SS and I got baptized. Huge turnout after stake conference at a different building, they had lots of family there and I's non-member dad came. Great guy, I think he will join one day. Just needs some time, and an invitation. The sisters have a baptism next week, and then J and Sister C the week after! 3 Sundays in a row! That will be pretty fun. Excited. 
I went on an exchange this week. It was a great exchange, he is a humble, hardworking, obedient missionary. He didn't seem so sure of himself a little, but he was great! Teaching skills are good. I think he will be great where ever he goes.
Companionship is great. I love working with Elder C, we have a good time together. I am learning so much in my personal studies. I love it. The scriptures are a form of nourishment I don't think I could do without. 
The weather is fine, I think it's time to go enjoy one of my favorite gifts from God. The outdoors.
Love Elder Sargent
Ever Stalwart

No comments:

Post a Comment