Thursday, September 24, 2015

9/24 The Man, The Myth, The Legend... and The Man's Man

The Man, The Myth, The Legend... Bro. C.

The Man's Man...M.

My Night Job

My Day Job

Well hello out there!

I'd like to start off my weekly letter with a big shout out to my Mom, who is turning 27! I know she looks like she's 23 so just get over it. (you better include this) She has been one of the biggest, if not the biggest influence, in my life. I love her to death and am so glad for all she does. There is no one more kind, loving, humble, cheerful, and dedicated to the success of others, especially her family, as she is. I love my sweet Mother with all my heart. Miss you mom. :) 

All is well in Yuen Long! This Sunday we have the confirmation for Y and Brother C's baptism! We are super excited! The work is picking up! Quick word on C., The Man, the Myth, the Legend. I have seen few people turnaround as completely and as quickly as he has. He is amazing. He is what every missionary prays for. He is dedicated to this gospel and as prepared as any person I know. He is already doing missionary work and he isn't even baptized yet! He will be such an asset to the missionaries in this area. We are so excited. This Sunday is a big day! It's also the mid-autumn festival which is a huge deal here! Super excited for that, as well, Elder G and I just got the OK to start a huge Halloween party for the 31st that will be both wards and we are really hoping to have a big investigator and less-active turnout. SUPER high hopes for the area this upcoming month. As well, so sad we have to give up two super strong investigators to some other Elders this week. S and A live in another area so there they go.

As for Elder Sargent, I am loving it! Loving it so much I have developed a muffin top! Haha the rice here has done it to me. Never thought I could put on weight, but I am probably sitting at 170 right now. Believe it or not. It's the truth. I am loving the work. Love the food and the people and I am really finally getting accustomed to the heat. All is well. Hurrah for Israel. So happy to hear about all that is going on back home (Everyone know Ted took State Fair Lamb? He always outdoes me.) and that everyone is well!

My thoughts this week revolve around not slowing down and speeding up. 2 Nephi 31:19 and 20. Just because we are on the strait path isn't good enough. We must be moving down that path. We are always moving, and we must make sure its in the right direction.

Love,
   Elder Sargent

(Editor's note: Colt apparently had temple day on Monday, which is why we didn't hear from him.  No computer time until today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment