Saturday, December 26, 2015

12/21 Merry CHRISTmas!

Just some Mtn. Dew cooked squid and chicken wings made by the the hand of Elder Sargent.
Grandpa Milt, your technique has been asianized
There are bikes everywhere!

home

Merry Christmas! The Christmas out here is beyond amazing. I am loving it. The work is amazing. We are working and have a Christmas baptism scheduled for next Sunday! For sure Ch and A-P is a maybe. He is working really hard to know right now, trying to get him on the believe plane, but he wants to just jump to the "I know" thought process. Want to help him so bad. Has been sick, so he missed his baptismal interview, but I believe it was a blessing from the Lord. Gave us the opportunity to step in. He talked about how he prayed really hard that the Lord would help him overcome his sickness, but nothing happened. He missed school (which here is not a good thing), and was too uncomfortable to go to the mainland on his volunteer trip this week (which was also another small blessing). Got to see him last night, after teaching a good lesson, trying to help him understand, we had a good laugh for a bit. When we started talking about Ch's baptism and she was so excited her foot was going back and forth, commented on how excited she looked and then there was just non stop laughter for 10 minutes, none of us or the fellowshippers could control ourselves. After re-controlling ourselves, we sat down and talked to A-P about his priesthood blessing. Talked about how it will be according to his faith, and discussed it for a bit. Then Elder J annointed and I gave the blessing all in Cantonese. What an experience. One of the most spiritual and sacred to me that I have ever had on my mission. It just came. Then A-P sat there for a minute with his eyes closed, we said Merry Christmas, I gave him a hug, they started for the door with us and right before he walked out the door, he turned around and said, "I am going to believe 100% this week." That just sent chills down my spine. That had been what we have been praying for. The Lord hears prayers. So excited for what the rest of my time here has in store for me.
Been such a Merry Christmas so far, missing my snow this time of year, but loving my rice! It's such a special time of year. I hope everyone can really take the opportunity to think of what we do have. Think of all the many things that the Lord has blessed us with. Gather as a family. Love those we have. We never know when the Lord is going to need them home. It can happen fast. Enjoy each other. That's the message this gospel brings. Wihnghahng gatihng. It's a special time of year, don't waste it.
I love you all and you are in my prayers! Merry CHRISTmas!

With all the love in the world from the big land of little people,
Elder N. Colton Sargent

No comments:

Post a Comment