Thursday, March 31, 2016

3/30 Finding, and changes coming




Been an amazing week and a half, we have seen so much! Miracles, spiritually uplifting experiences and success! Elder Da is doing great and his jaw is doing fine, we both had priesthood blessings this week. I don't know what happened to me on Sunday, but I felt like I had a hot iron put right through my head. Never had a migraine that bad. Got better after a little priesthood power. As well, Elder Da has been sick and had quite a bit of pain from sickness and a kinked neck. So he chose to have one on Monday. So the health level isn't the greatest ( I have also lost 10 lbs this week). So it has been interesting. 

Miracles! After a failed attempt to visit a Less Active that we haven't seen for a while, we decided to sit down and pray as to where to go for finding, knowing the Lord would provide. An exact location came to mind, and after discussion of our thoughts, we left not knowing who or where we would find him, but both felt there was someone to be found. After traveling and looking around in the area where we felt we needed to be, we found an unusual amount of people willing to talk for our 30 minute finding block, but still hadn't found the one that gave me the right feeling. Then we had to go, and started walking, and we both saw him! A-K, sitting on a bench. 26 years old and time to spare. Elder Da and I both looked at each other, and split him from behind. He had no idea we were coming until we were sitting on both sides of him. Then we went to work, taught the Restoration and 1/2 the Plan of Salvation.  He didn't want us to leave when we did, he was almost literally begging us to call him back. We left so humbled, in that we did what we were supposed to, when sometimes we forget, and look what happened. Met an extremely prepared individual, not like the rest of the people his age group. The Lord's hand is in our work every day. 
I am quite excited about all the new changes that are coming: the new Language Evaluations and numbers schedule. I feel as though things will work much more smooth. I have enjoyed the time I have had to really think about how to improve the situation. 

The Zone is well, preparing for the next Zone Training and trying to decide what to teach. Elder Da and I are very excited for a plan we have set in to teach Elders Quorum, assimilating in a small ward missionary handbook (the ward missionaries and correlator love the idea and were quite pressing to get it done faster), and then using the wards role, played and honed teaching skills to go on a ward find, and utilizing the members to be the missionaries. After much pondering on retention and new investigators and discussing with several members of the ward I have come to the conclusion, specific to culture, that most people will be much more receptive to a native. So allowing the members to find the people, then schedule them and sit with them. SO many of our members have such a big desire, but just don't know what to do. I feel this is the way it is supposed to be. Allow the members to develop the relationship. I feel too much is just separation of the ward and the missionaries. We should be just assisting, there is too much separation and then let off when new converts join the Church leaving a large gray area where we lose many converts. It can't happen that way. So I left out a lot of details, but I am excited for it and can't wait to see the unity it brings our ward and the success that follows. 
Love you all!

-- 
Love,
   Elder Sargent

No comments:

Post a Comment